October 8, 2012

General Conference Weekend

Every General Conference, we go to my parents house to enjoy traditions of major baked goodies, family time with siblings and cousins and to relish in the Gospel and learn more of what Heavenly Father has for us. I love how listening to the same talks we all come away with different perspectives, lessons and answers to our individual needs. I guess that is what happens when you listen with the intent of learning what Heavenly Father wants you to know and you havea purpose in receiving it. I love the Gospel!!

This year Elisa wasn't able to make it, I always miss those guys when I don't get to see them! They are doing so good, amazing how the Lord blesses when you heed His commandments for you and your family. Brian quit his job, paid really good money, about a week they closed on buying their home. I am so pleased with his and Elisa's faith, knowing it was the right thing to do, even though it was super scary. Well all these opportunities have risen - they moved to Fort Collins, to farm for a lady who also lets them stay in one of her houses on a 35 acre farm. They get to work together on the land as a family EVERY day, their house in Cheyenne rented within a week with the renter having the intention to buy - the list of their blessings go on and on. I love them! You can see more about their farm life at Elisa's blog - www.inthegardenofeatin.blogspot.com

So Julia, Me and on Sunday Tara and all our families were able to be together. Mindy was in town without JT, and she was able to be with us on Saturday. We held a little baby shower for her that night while the men went to Priesthood. I will just say that I had total disregard for any health food practices I usually live by on that weekend. We had cookies, ice cream, homemade hot fudge sauce, brownies, candy, rice chex and more. It was amazing! hahaha :)

Julia had her sweet little Christian there - he was only 4 days old and was so cute and cuddly! It made me and Stephen SO baby hungry, now all Stephen can say is how he wants his squishy to come out :)

I was lame and didn't get any pictures, but when we were leaving Dad wanted a couple pictures of us real quick in their front yard by the wild flowers. I must say, my parents yard is always my favorite. They always have the coolest ideas and landscape in such a loving heavenly way - that is literally what it feels like to me when I am there.

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment