August 22, 2012

25 weeks!


As you may have noticed, I am doing updates every 5 weeks :)

 I gained another inch around my waist and was at 125 the day before our doctor visit last week. However, I ate like crap that night and had a majorly full bladder when they weighed me at 128... I weighed myself after they had me pee in the cup and I lost a full pound... lol! 

Everything is going good, we met with a different midwife this time. Her name is Shauna, and is who everyone told me to go with, but they don't let you pick and for some reason something felt off with her. She was really nice, but I didn't feel as comfortable with her as with the other Midwife, Erin, that we had met with previously. She however, is the only one at the office that knows how to run and read the "dinosaur" ultrasound machine at their office :) She learned we didn't know what the gender was so she fired it up to see if we could take a look...... and much NOT to our surprise, Baby E still doesn't want to be found out... LOL! Stephen was so disappointed and I just had to laugh.  This now makes 3 ultrasounds with no idea. At first the legs were crossed at the ankles, and then crossed at the knees, and then scrunching into a tiny ball. I think it is safe to say we will surely be having a surprise with this one :)

I have ordered about 5 books on natural birth, and am having so much fun reading them! We are planning on Stephen delivering the baby, and a friend, Breann Ackerman, is going to be my doula :) She is reading the material I have on utilizing essential oils with that, so I am SO very excited for how this goes! One of the books I have been reading is about making the birth Christ Centered. I love the teachings in it, it is very evangelical, but has a really nice spirit to it. I am working on putting my birth preferences together for all the staff to have, as well as making my positive affirmations to use during the process. This is probably going to be one of the best experiences bringing me closer to God and I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment