October 17, 2012

Pie Time!!

For part of our homeschooling, we are part of a group based off of Thomas Jeffereson's Method. Savannah is in a group called Liberty Girl's that I am in charge of, we are reading the Little House on the Prairie Series ( which I am SO in love with!) We do activities based on what we read out of the book and so for one of the activites we made homemade pumpkin pie. This was the first time I had ever made a pumpkin pie from scratch, and the first time I have ever made pie crust using my spelt flour - which can take some getting used to :) Well that pie turned out so yummy I went on a pie making spree -


The pumpkin pie I made for us at home - this recipe uses honey instead of sugar and is SO good!

Peach Pie with candied pecan crumble on top - it was divine!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment